19 September 2013

Frustrating news...and less frustrating news

It is just like life to kick you when you are already down. Last week, my roommate Isabel and I found a house that we really wanted to move into. It was the perfect size for the two of us. Huge patio. Walking distance to the university. Close-ish to my work. Perfect.

I will admit that I didn't really like the house, but the location was ideal. We filled out the application at the office and excitedly waited. On Friday, they called me to tell me that we did not qualify with the co-signer that we had chosen (the only one we knew), but if I brought them a recommendation from my work, we would qualify. We both agreed this was stupid, but we didn't want to go through the work of finding another house, and there really isn't another house with such an ideal location, so I brought them the letter on Tuesday.

Yesterday I got a call from the office, telling we did not get the house, and have a good day. No explanation. Isabel's dad called them to try to get an explanation and work something out, even offering be the renter instead of us. Nada. They would not budge.

With everything else that has been going on, this hit me harder than it should have. We have to move out of our house this weekend. It is my birthday tomorrow. I just didn't want to deal with things going wrong anymore. Almost nothing has gone right. The things that should have been easy, like getting my transcripts mailed here from the States, getting my documents from UCE, etc have been practically impossible.

Just trying to get into this other school and get things squared away with UCE has been a full-time job. I am so tired. I just want to be settled and start back with med school.

But through all of this, I do have a peace. I know things are going to work out, I just don't know how. So many things have to so perfectly fall into place for this to work.

Now for the less frustrating news. I finally got together all the documents that UCE is requiring for me to get my transcripts. I'm going to San Pedro tomorrow to request them, and pray that all the people are there to sign them so I don't have to make another trip. My documents are released in Miami and on their way to the Dominican Republic.

I have two days off next week, from work. One because Tuesday is a holiday (Dia de las Mercedes-if anyone is interested) and I have an interview at the school on Wednesday.

Next steps:
1- Interview with the school
2- Legalization of my records from the states (long and expensive process)
3- Legalization of my records from UCE


No comments:

Post a Comment