22 October 2013

Answer from Intec

As you all know from my last blog entry, I was waiting for an answer from Intec on whether I would be studying there starting in November. Well, I got my answer. It was no. My roommate Isabel had her meeting right before me. When she came out, all she said was, "I didn't get it. They gave me my documents back."

When I went into talk to the director of admissions, I asked her why. She said that they couldn't tell us because it was the decision of the admissions committee, but they evaluated many factors. The only factor I can see that they evaluated was that we came from UCE. We were excellent candidates. I noticed that there were no students from UCE that I knew accepted. I talked with a couple others, and no one was accepted.

It was devastating. With all the changes that have been going on in the last two months. All of the goodbyes, new starts, transitions. I was looking forward to things getting back to normal. I wanted to start studying medicine again.

But then I had a ray of hope (which was eventually crushed under foot). My initial plan was to finally get my residency in the Dominican Republic and then hopefully I could study here as a national and pay very little. I thought, "Maybe this was God's plan. So I won't have so much student debt." But after talking to two schools, I would still have to pay as a foreigner and would not be getting the loan.

It's not out of the question, but I'm still looking for a better option.

As always, prayers are greatly appreciated. I haven't given up yet. There are many options out there, I would just prefer to stay in the Dominican Republic. But even though I haven't given up, I am discouraged and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment