13 February 2014

Christmas Update...Super late


As you can see from the picture, I had a wonderful time visiting my family in the states! In reality, we had a wonderful time. It always feels like the time speeds by.



The trip to the States and back is always really long, but I flew first class this year, so I really can't complain! On the way back to the DR, I got stuck in Miami overnight. Thankfully, I was able to meet and angel and fellow Packer's who let me crash at her hotel! Such a blessing.

Skiing at Black Jack
I have really been enjoying my job. This year, we started the year right with dissections. Most of the kids loved it, and those in Chemistry were jealous! The problem was that the frogs we used came to me alive. I felt like the worst person in the world having to sacrifice those frogs in the name of science education. We have also been doing labs in chemistry, just not as fun (model building never can compare with dissection).

 

I've been enjoying good quality time with my boyfriend before I move to Curacao. I am really not ready to leave and don't know if I ever will be. I have about six months left here, and I suppose that I should really start ironing out the details, but once I do that, I will start to feel really real. I don't want that.

On a end note, I figured out how to make "noodles" out of vegetables. It has changed my life. Zucchini is the best!













1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaitlyn! It sounds like life is going well for you. Thanks for sharing, even if it is a little late :)

    ReplyDelete