08 October 2014

First Month of School

We are on week 4 of classes and things are going well. I have been doing well in all my classes and miraculously staying on top of everything. Evidently, the semester I am in is the hardest because the classes are all pretty challenging. But since there is nothing to do on the island without a car, I have ample time to study. I did join the gym at the nearby Hilton because they gave us a great deal as students, and it includes the beach. This means that I have a great way to deal with the stress of medical school.

I don't have too much to say because I literally do the same thing everyday, go to the gym, go to school and study then go home and study. This Friday is a holiday, so I am hoping to take a day off and actually do something fun, but we have midterms in three weeks, so I'm not sure if i will be able to.

Since I am staying at Christmas break, I am making plans to do a lot of cool things including going to the beach, dune buggy rides off road, and climb a mountain. But until I have more to tell you guys, I will try to keep this updated with pictures and maybe some sleep deprived musings!

Sleep deprived selfie! Still smiling

What I do every night

Here are some pictures of the school. It is small, so there is not much to show. But despite the size, it is really nice. I am really impressed with the quality, not only of the school, but also the education here. When it rains, the building doesn't flood. There are no mosquitoes. There is air-conditioning. The classrooms are not so loud that it gives you a headache. This is not a step up from UCE, it is a like a giant pogo stick jump up from UCE!


Computer room area

Library 

Hallway

One of the classrooms

3 comments:

  1. And it improves every semester. Great to have you here in CuraƧao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good in that sleep-deprived selfie! Good luck with the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete